Advertisement

Major Smoke and Fire Damage in Charles City House Fire

Photo: mgnonline.com.

May 15, 2017 10:15 AM

(ABC 6 News) - Discarded smoking material, improperly disposed of, may have ignited a house fire in Charles City Sunday night.

The Charles City Fire Department was called to the fire on Pfeiffer Street about 10:30 p.m. May 14.  Upon arrival, according to officials, the fire department saw smoke and fire coming from the home's attic and roof.  Firefighters were able to determine the fire was restricted to the attic.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Officials with CCFD say firefighters inside the home tore down ceilings to extinguish the fire.   

The residents were home at the time of the fire and were able to leave the residence with no injuries.  

The home sustained heavy smoke and fire damage to the attic and the roof.  The house suffered major water damage.  The fire remains under investigation.


KAAL-TV

Copyright 2017 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement – Content Continues Below
Error on element: 2016-E-MC-08
An error occurred when performing a file operation read on file d:\websites\sandbox.kaaltv.com\2016/content_Blocks/content_block_31_982.inc.
Error on element: 2016-E-MC-08
An error occurred when performing a file operation read on file d:\websites\sandbox.kaaltv.com\2016/content_Blocks/content_block_31_1055.inc.
Error on element: 2016-E-MC-08
An error occurred when performing a file operation read on file d:\websites\sandbox.kaaltv.com\2016/content_Blocks/content_block_31_1031.inc.

September? Is that You?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement